Wednesday, December 14, 2011

My final thoughts

Band of brothers is a great series that tells the story of the easy company 506th regiment 101st airborne and it is the best movie to tell that story. At the end of the last episode it had some discussions with the surviving men of Easy and those were really interesting especially what winters said and it has stuck with me since I saw it. Winters was talking to his grandson one day and he asked "grandpa were you a hero in the war?" Winters said no.  Then he said "But I served in a company of them." and that really has stuck with me because it really is powerful because every last on of them were heroes even Winters. I really think that these movies are really good for young people to see because this generation is dyeing off and so are there Storys. And it is important to now where the country has come from. This generation was called the greatest generation and in my opinion every generation of soldiers is the best of there generations.

No comments:

Post a Comment